Senior / Research Associate – Assay Development
EarlyDiagnostics Inc. (EarlyDx) is a seed-stage UCLA spinoff devoted to providing accurate, affordable, and non-invasive liquid biopsy products for early cancer diagnosis and precision medicine. EarlyDx’s CancerLocator/CancerDetector algorithms, in combination our technology to enrich informative cfDNA, can not only detect cancer at its early stages but also pinpoint its location from a tube of blood.
EarlyDx is seeking a Senior/Research Associate for assay development and reagent manufacturing. He/she will work under the guidance of Senior Scientists to develop, optimize, validate assay for cfDNA-based early cancer detection test. The ideal candidate should be familiar with next-generation sequencing and its application to liquid biopsy.
- Process and isolate nucleic acid from biological samples (e.g., peripheral blood, tissue specimens).
- Build next-generation sequencing libraries.
- Perform assay optimization, analytical and clinical validation.
- Work closely with bioinformaticians to interpret sequencing data.
- Prepare and maintain documents such as SOP, user manual, product data sheet.
- B.S. or above in molecular biology, biochemistry, or related fields and 3+ years industrial experience.
- Familiar with next-generation sequencing library preparation
- Experience in assay development, troubleshooting, optimization, and validation.
- Basic understanding of computational analysis
- The ability of quick learning and trouble-shooting.
- Excellent organizational skills.
To apply for this position, the candidate can send resume to: [email protected]